MY FAVORITE CITY IN JAPAN!!! Only because there’s literally AMAZING food EVERYWHERE so make sure you come to this city with an empty stomach.
- if you’re coming from Tokyo and you would like to hit up other cities, I recommend purchasing the JR Rail Pass ($300 USD). We used this for our 1.5 weeks in Japan.
- The JR Pass will allow you to go on almost all of the trains. Be sure to read because there’s some train lines where you’ll need to purchase a separate ticket.
- AIRBNB was difficult when contacting the host because of the language barrier so i recommend staying in a hotel
Things to do:
- EAT all the way down Dotonbori. With so many food stands, why not try them all?
- Check out the Osaka Castle: if you go late March- mid April, you may see cherry Blossoms
- Visit Kuromon Market for some fresh seafood
- Visit the Instant Noodle Museum
- Visit Universal Studios
- Visit the Floating Garden Observatory
Places to Eat:
- Matsusakabeef M: MUST get the fruit sake flight- BEST-SAKE-EVERRRR! And of course get the Japanese BBQ ($600 for 5 people)
- Ichiran: Yes, they have this ramen shop here too if you didn’t get to try it in Tokyo!
- Tsurutontan Udon
- Pablo: Delicious cheese tarts
- 7 Eleven: I know what you’re thinking but it’s actually really good
- Uncle Rikuro’s Cheesecake
- Everything down Dotonbori