Kyoto, a beautiful city you must visit in Japan! I would say 3 days at most here would be a good amount of time!
- if you’re coming from Tokyo and you would like to hit up other cities, I recommend purchasing the JR Rail Pass ($300 USD). We used this for our 1.5 weeks in Japan.
- The JR Pass will allow you to go on almost all of the trains. Be sure to read because there’s some train lines where you’ll need to purchase a separate ticket.
- AIRBNB was difficult when contacting the host because of the language barrier so i recommend staying in a hotel
Things to do:
- Visit the Monkey Park: its quite a hike up there but it’ll be worth it- I promise
- While you’re up there, enjoy the view!
- Go to the famous Fushimi Inari-taisha: lots of stairs so be prepared
- Stroll through the Bamboo Forest/Arashiyama Bamboo Grove:
- Eikando Temple: we didn’t have time to visit but it looks beautiful!
- Take a trip to Nara
- Nishiki Market: more fresh seafood
Eat, Drink, Repeat:
- Fire Ramen at Men Baka Ichidai
Elk: A cafe that offered 3D designs on you coffee and the fluffiest pancakes
- AWOMB: sushi
- Onikunoo Sushi
- Ohayo Biscuit: sweets
- Yo-jiya Cafe
- Yugen: Matcha Latte
- Cafe Cherish: Cute Cafe