London- the land of the double decker bus and the Buckingham Palace! We spent a total of 4 days and I wanted more time!
- Purchase an oyster card to ride the subway and buses.
- It’s pretty cheap to travel by train in Europe- I recommend going to another city/country
- We stayed by Covent Garden and LOVED it!
- Rent a bike and go around!
Things to do:
- Visit the Buckingham Palace
- Shop at the Covent Garden
- Ride the Coca-Cola London Eye
- Take a photo in front of Big Ben- This was the closest we got to the real thing since it was under construction LOL
- Visit the world of M&Ms
- Take a photo in a red phone booth
- Photo at Tower Bridge- it’s so iconic, how can you not?
- Visit the Tower of London
- Scout out where Harry Potter was filmed
- Shop at Harrod’s- the oldest department store still standing in London
- Tour the British Musuem- so much history!
- Visit the Markets: some are only open on a certain day:
- Borough Market
- Leadenhall Market
- Brick Lane Market
- Old Spitalfields Market
Eat, Drink, Repeat:
- London has MANY cute cafe’s that are Instagram and tea time
- Elan Cafe– There’s something about their avocado toast that still has me drooling
- Peggy Porschen
- Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea
- Diamond Jubilee
- Dominique Ansel
- Dishoom: Must I say, Indian food in London should be on your list! I’m not much of a wait in line kind of girl but for this place, I would. The flavors were amazing!
- Coppa Club: I checked their website everyday and was able to book 2 months in advance for a table in the Igloo. The food was amazing, the Irish Coffee is a must, and the view is gorgeous!
- Dim Sum: there’s so many Dim Sum places in Chinatown but i will say, it doesn’t compare to Houston’s Dim Sum but if you’re having withdrawals- it’ll do
- Tsujiri: omg get the sundae and eat it for me please
- Cahoots: a friend of mine recommended this bar and I loved it! it’s underground and you walk into a train basically. The drinks are like the ones you find at tiki bars.
- Venchi Chocolate and Gelato
- Sky Garden: great view from up top- enjoy some drinks and food