Where to stay:
I like to stay on magnificent mile(north Michigan Avenue)
- Hyatt Centric Magnificent Mile
- Intercontinental Magnificent Mile
- When you get to the airport you can take the subway 🚊 there. It’s $20 for a 3 day pass and you’ll be able to go everywhere.. even on the bus
Things to do:
Enjoy the view of the city on the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower. Then walk off the glass ledge to see the city below your feet!
360 view of Chicago while tilted over the city on the 94th floor of the John Hancock Building. Enjoy the adrenaline 😱
Hands down my favorite museum! You could spend over 3 hours in here and probably won’t finish exploring the place.
Filled with history and culture! Recommended!
Planetarium: I love the exterior of the place but inside wasn’t as amazing as i thought it would be? I guess because I experienced the Science Museum.
An awesome zoo within Lincoln Park and guess what makes it even more amazing? ITS FREE!
Garfield Park Conservatory:
Beautiful Garden! Enjoy the smell of the flowers!
Home of The Bean(cloud gate) structure and the crown fountain. An artsy park you must check out!
The pier is a fun place to visit during the summer! Enjoy treats you would find at the carnivals
In the summer, go enjoy Lake Michigan! Unfortunately, I’ve been here a couple times in the winter and have not experienced it.
Restaurants to try:
- Joy Yee plus :boba, waffles, Shabu Shabu
- Joy Yee noodles : Boba and Chinese food
- Ming hin: dim sum
- Dolo: dim sum
- Mccb: schezuan. (Chili oil wonton, dan dan noodles, were my fav but people get some huge hot pot thing)
North Michigan Avenue:
- Three dots and a dash: cool tiki bar
- The Flamingo Rum Club: Instagram worthy rum bar!
- Apogee: Lounge with frozen flowers in their cocktails
- Leviathan: Beautifully crafted cocktails
- Eataly: Italian store, stone grill pizza, fresh pasta, nutella bar
- Purple pig: tapas
- Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria: Chicago style pizza, must get garlic crust
- 25 degrees: boozy shakes
- Wild berry pancakes: breakfast joint known for their pancakes
Bombobar – best hot chocolate with donuts and other goodies dressed on top
Sawada– military latte is yummy
Aviary- A artsy and modern dining experience! Just get ready to spend some $$ though
Gallery cafe– A place to get a cool photo on your coffee
The Allis: Industrial mid-century Instagram worthy cafe with delicious pastries
Au Cheval– get a single cheeseburger add bacon and egg. For reference, a single burger is a double patty and a double is a triple patty. Their bacon is super think and well seasoned. We got the fries with the garlic aioli and the hash with duck fat… yum!
Carnivale: A fun dining experience with an amazing Latin inspired menu
The Girl and The Goat: This place is always book so still on the list for me!
Little Goat Diner: Great place for brunch but make sure to make a reservation!