If you were to ask me where I would visit again- I would have to say Vancouver/B.C as one of my choices. British Colombia is insanely beautiful and full of nature. When we started driving north of Vancouver- I felt as if the world stopped and took my breathe away. The fog laying on top of these beautiful tall standing trees and the winding roads along the waters- can you picture what I’m describing here? I seriously would take this view with the blue lakes over a beach in the south any day! So that leads me to how many days do I suggest? A MINIMUM of 3 days!!! There’s so much to do and see with a short drive outside of Vancouver. Go explore, ski, swim, hiking, and eat!
Where to stay:
I would suggest staying by Harbourfront or by BC Stadium. There’s some really nice hotels and you could find great deals sometimes. The only downside to Vancouver is if you have a car. Parking is over $40 at some hotels! They do have a great public transportation system but, we unfortunately did not experience it since we rented a car to drive out to explore Joffre Lakes and the Richmond area.
What to do:
- Granville Island Public Market
- Take a 2.5 hour trip to hike to Joffre Lakes. The hike is steep here and there but the view is totally worth it. I would do this again in a heartbeat. There’s a lower, middle, and upper lake- make sure you make it to the top!
- Also on the way to Joffre Lakes is Brandywine Falls Provincial Park
- And whistler- go skiing here in the winter!
- Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Stanley Park
- Canada Place
- Whytecliff Park
- Point Atkinson/ Lighthouse Park
- Sea to Sky Gondola – temp. closed
- Hell’s Gate Airtram
- Visit Chinatown
- Visit Gastown- check out the clock!
- Richmond Night Market: definitely save your stomach when this night market is around. Food is great but parking is not. I suggest ubering!
Where to eat:
- OEB (Breakfast)
- Jam Cafe (breakfast)
- Medina Cafe (Breakfast/Brunch)
- Catch 122 (Breakfast/Brunch)
- Fanny Bay Oyster House
- Olive and Anchor
- Shanghai River – get the dumplings!
- Dinesty Dumpling House- more dumplings!
- Rodney’s Oyster House
- Phnom Penh (Vietnamese and Cambodian Fusion)
- Steveston Pizza Company- if you want to be adventurous- get the $75 seafood pizza
- Lido- MUST GET PINEAPPLE BUN
- Fable (Canadian)
- Robba da Matti (Italian)
- Kissa Tanto (Japanese)
- Landmark Hotpot House
- The Dolar Shop (Hotpot)
- Saku- Japanese Chicken
- The Old Spaghetti Factory
- Trafiq Cafe and Bakery (Dessert)
- Nero Belgian Waffle Bar (Dessert)
- Bake 49 (Dessert)
- 3 Quarters Full Cake
- Beaucoup Bakery and Cafe